Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Norton Antivirus is about to expire. I installed Ad Aware the other day. Do I need both ????

I've had the Norton Symantec for almost a year..and it's almost up for renewal. Now that I downloaded Ad Aware, I'm wondering if I need both. Also, does Ad Aware run on its own, or do I manually start it every once in a while for the system scan ? Thanks for answering !!



My Norton Antivirus is about to expire. I installed Ad Aware the other day. Do I need both ????antivirus download



no, you dont need either.



there are two ways to get a virus:



You download a file, and it turns out to be a virus, if the file runs correcly it isnt a virus, and a virus cannot be attached to it.



The other is that Internet explorer downloads the virus by mistaking it for a cookie and opening it.



The only ways you can keep from getting viruses are:



Do not download things from untrustworthy sites and



Dont use internet explorer, use Firefox, which does not allow viruses to be loaded without it asking you to download it first. If you werent trying to download something, then you know it shouldnt be asking you if you want a download, so somebody is trying to load something onto your computer.



Its that simple.



I dont have an antivirus, and I dont get viruses. I just prevent them with firefox.



Also, antiviruses only work after an infection. They cannot prevent the damage that the virus will cause before the antivirus catches it. It is much better to take preventive actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment