Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Problem with Avast Antivirus?

I downloaded the free edition of Avast but then it seemed to cause some of my programs to shut down. I decided to unistall it, but then I couldn't find the setup utility. I tried every program I had to get rid of it and in the end I just deleted all the files from program files and cleaned the registry.



Anyways, later on I got a virus that wouldn't let me open my other antivirus and I ended up reseting my operating system.



Have you ever found a program with a missing uninstallation utility? Should I just have used the original setup file to uninstall the program? What should I do if I decide to try Avast again and there's no uninstallation program?



Problem with Avast Antivirus?auto protect



First problem. You appear to have had TWO Anti-virus programs running at the same time. This never works because each Anti-virus thinks the other IS a virus. And this may also explain why the original Avast un-install failed. Second problem, you tried to remove Avast manually. This requires expert skills.



So, download Avast again, but do not install it yet. Then, re-boot your PC in Safe Mode. And, using Add / Remove programs, un-install it, then re-boot normally and all should be well.



TIP: As counter-intuitive as this sounds, it actually works.



Problem with Avast Antivirus?downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment