Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get rid of a trojan virus that keeps re- installing it self telling me to buy their softwar

An adverstising company illegally installed a trojan downloaded from the internet that keeps opening as my home page when I lauch internet explorer. I have changed it and deleted the software from my programs hundred times already. It keeps re-installing itself. I even tried installing an antivirus software; however, it also has my D dirve locked where I can use it to install anything. So how can I get rid of it without purchasing the software that they are offering everytime their ad pops up. I can still surf the internet, but their ad keeps opening windows continually.



How do I get rid of a trojan virus that keeps re- installing it self telling me to buy their software?nortan



A lot of viruses sit in RAM, the registry and System Restore so deleting these can be quite time consuming but thankfully not impossible.



First of all turn off System Restore by right clicking on 鈥楳y Computer鈥?%26gt; Properties %26gt; System Restore. Now enable 鈥淭urn off system restore on all drives鈥?%26gt; click apply %26gt; click ok.



Re-boot your computer in Safe Mode 鈥?(achieved by pressing F8 continually during boot up) this should clear out the viruses in RAM and the registry. Now run your anti virus software and delete or quarantine any viruses found.



Re-boot your computer in normal mode and complete another virus check. If all comes back clean turn on System Restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment