Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I restore my pc a couple of weeks back?

I am trying to get rid of an error message C:\file not found C:\ I got this after I deleted an antivirus software because was not working on my old pc running win98 2ed. I have been suggested to restore back my pc a couple of weeks ago that is before I downloaded and deleted this software. How do I do that?



How do I restore my pc a couple of weeks back?kawasaki



Windows 98se doesnt have a system restore so you will have to chase down where the error is coming from. If you get it before windows starts, check you autoexec.bat and config.sys. If you get it when windows is booting look in system.ini and win.ini. If you don't find it ther, click start / run and run regedit. when it starts use the search function to look for the same text that is displayed in the error ''C:\filename''. Also - look in start/programs/startup and see if the icon for the old program is there and remove it.



Worst case (or maybe easiest way) scenerio - reinstall the software and use its unistall feature - should remove it then.



If it is Norton antivirus, go to their website www.symantec.com and they have removal tools for all versions of their software that you can d/l and run that will get rid of any references to their software.



How do I restore my pc a couple of weeks back?nortan antivirus



What you need to do is get rid of the error message! Try Tuneup Utilities to fix the problem, there's a free month trial version link below. Good luck!
Ermmmm



Use the built in rollback/checkpoint/restore point function
In windows XP hit Start %26gt; Then Help and Support %26gt; Search or look for System Restore and then go through the wizard selecting the date you want (2 weeks ago).
you cannot do it....only if your using windows xp...but u say it was 98 so ya cannot do it
There is an option that has to be turned on but if it is you do...



Start %26gt; all programs %26gt; accessories %26gt; SYSTEM TOOLS %26gt; SYSTEM RESTORE
xp? use your restore function

No comments:

Post a Comment